News & Events
See what all Seasons FCU is working on to create a better banking experience for you!
Growing Our Mustaches for Movember
With the end of November, our Movember campaign for 2013 came to a close and the men of Seasons Federal Credit Union are keen to celebrate their hairy success all in the name of men's health. Over the last 4 weeks, Seasons FCU raised $1,240 in donations and sponsorship, through support from employees, local community, friends and family.
Seasons received a great publicity opportunity by having our employee, Dillon Tardif, go on Better Connecticut and have his mustache shaved off on Live Television. Dillon says, "I will miss my mustache but couldn't have a better way to end our Movember campaign".
We have received such positive support from our members over the duration of the Movember campaign and it's fantastic to see so many male employees supporting their unique Mo's for this worthwhile cause. We've grown so accustomed to the Mo's around the office, however with November over, many are keen for the return to clean-shaven faces.
"Take Back Your Banking"- National Gas Giveaway
Seasons Federal Credit Union was proud to take part in the "Take Back Your Banking" National Gas Giveaway. Along other community banks and credit unions across the country, we were out in the community talking with people about making better banking choices and getting them pumped up about our Kasasa checking accounts.
2013 – Annual Meeting of Members
- Thank you all who attended our Annual Meeting of Members. We had a great turnout of attendance.
- Congratulations to our 8 scholarship winners who were awarded their scholarship and the opportunity to share with us their next move in their future. We wish everyone all the best with their future endeavors.
Caroline Barton, Emily Imbruglio, Claire LaRoche, Thomas McNeff, Ashley O'Brien, Evan Pennington, Jaclyn Vitelli and Heather Zambrello
4 Benefits of Mobile Banking
Laura Edgar is a senior writer for NerdWallet.com, a personal finance comparison website committed to helping you reduce your cost of living.
In today's high-tech society, mobile banking has quickly gone from novelty to necessity. 56 percent of American adults own smartphones, and in 2012, 21 percent of mobile phone users accessed mobile banking on their phone. That number is on the rise for a good reason. Mobile banking offers all the conveniences of online banking, and then some, anywhere your cell phone gets a signal. Seasons Federal Credit Union's online banking system, Mobile Money, is now available for Android and iPhone, and all mobile phone web browsers. You can also bank via text message. Here are four things you can do with mobile banking to make your life easier.
1. Send money to friends
We've all been there: a friend buys you lunch or coffee, and you forget to pay them back, or perhaps you just wish there was an easier way to pay your rent on time. Thankfully, Mobile Money syncs with Popmoney, a free service that makes it easy to pay anyone with your phone. You don't even need to know their bank account number, making it both convenient and secure. Popmoney allows you to send money to anyone as long as you know their email address or mobile number. Just select the amount and a payment date, and send it off. Popmoney also lets you add a personal note with your payments. If someone sends money to you, you'll be notified by text or email. Link your Popmoney account to a bank account to withdraw the funds.
2. Deposit checks
Sometimes, you really need personalized service. When you just need to deposit a check, however, a trip to the nearest credit union branch becomes a nuisance. With the Mobile Capture app, you can use your smartphone's camera to deposit your checks anytime, over a safe and secure connection. Just photograph the front and back of your check (after you've endorsed it), and upload the images using the app. There's no need for envelopes or waiting in line, and it's even easier than using a scanner.
3. Find nearby branches and ATMs
Need cash fast? You can hunt around for the nearest ATM and hope you don't incur fees for using it, or you can look to your phone for assistance. The Mobile Money app can help you locate the closest Seasons Federal Credit Union branch or network ATM, using your current location. You'll always know exactly where to get cash for free, no matter where you are.
4. Pay bills, check your balance and transfer funds
Need to check your balance on the go, or transfer funds between your checking account and savings account? With Mobile Money, you can do both of these things from your phone. Mobile Capture also allows you to access online bill pay from your phone, so you'll never have to worry about late payment penalties. As an added bonus, all of these services are free, making mobile banking the perfect way to manage your free checking and savings account.
Introducing Popmoney For You!
- Popmoney is a service that makes it truly simple to send money to anyone in the U.S. All you need is their email address or mobile phone number.
- So whether it's sending money to your kids at school, home to mom, or just that $40 you owe your friend, Popmoney gives you a quick, easy and safe way to do it. You can even send money to people who aren't Seasons FCU members. It is, after all, meant to make your life easier.
- To use Popmoney, just log into home banking and click on the Popmoney tab to get started. For an online tutorial, click here. And when we say easy, we're not kidding!
2013 CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council "Diamond Award" Winners
- Best In Category for Radio (Series)
- Best in Category for Youth Marketing
- Best In Category for Outdoor Billboard
ATM on Wesleyan University Campus
- Seasons FCU took a different approach to attract college students at Wesleyan University. Seasons installed the ATM on campus for faculty and students to use. The main benefit for the college students is a cheaper fee than an¬other ATM on campus for cash withdrawals. All Seasons FCU mem-bers can also deposit cash or checks directly into their accounts via the ATM.
- The ATM was wrapped in a red vinyl to make it stand out with side display panels giving it a different look than a traditional ATM.
Soul of Seasons Listed as Top 25 Coolest Vehicle Design!
- Seasons Federal Credit Union Kasasa vehicle was chosen to make the list of top 25 of the coolest vehicle designs from banks and credit unions. Check out the article here.