Making A Difference
From August 1 - 31
Donated toys help make every child’s visit to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center as comforting and enjoyable as possible. The supply of toys given to patients at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center is running low. At the hospital, they give kids new toys to help them with the recovery process after surgery or a medical procedure. The Connecticut Children's Medical Center receives a lot of donations during Christmas time, but typically by the end of summer they run a little low.
- Are new and not gift-wrapped
- Are appropriate for hospitalized infants, children, adolescents or teenagers (toy guns and other weapons are not appropriate)
- Do not pose a safety hazard, such as those with sharp edges or small, removable or easily breakable parts
- LEGO kits – Anything LEGO brand
- Infant toys – mobiles, rattles, light-up or sound toys; anything Sassy or Bright Starts brand
- Toddler toys – Fisher Price, Little People
- Action figures
- Crayola brand art supplies – crayons, markers, colored pencils, paint
- Teen DVDs (new releases)
Please help us by donating new toys at any of our branch locations!