Member Experience Specialist
The Member Experience Specialist provides exceptional service to our members assisting with a broad range of requests via phone and/or in person, email, and chat. Supports and assists Member Facing & Non-Member facing departments with member requests, monitoring, and reviewing a variety of back-office processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Resolves a variety of member requests promptly and courteously with a goal of achieving first contact resolution.
- Listens to member’s needs, evaluates problems and complaints, and provides solutions.
- Supports the credit union's sales and service culture by educating members about our products and services via telephone and electronic communication.
- Open additional products and services for existing member accounts and assist with account changes and closing of existing accounts
- Assist members with debit card issues including debit card transaction disputes, research and resolution of failed transactions, card status and replacement.
- Assist members with a variety of requests including statement reprints, check and other transactional research, stop payments and disputes.
- Assist with troubleshooting and technical support for our electronic services, online banking and bill pay.
- Assist with inquires about new and existing loans answering basic questions, resolving payment issues and warm transferring to the appropriate department in lending as needed.
- Ensures proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc.
- Exemplifies Core Values, Vision, Mission and Service Promises
- Maximizes technological efficiencies within area of responsibility
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Back up other responsibilities as needed for Member Services Department. Back up other responsibilities as needed for Member Services Department including lobby coverage and assisting with opening and closing of the branch.
- Provide cash & transactional support to members in lobbies during peak business hours or when the ITMs are experiencing technical difficulties.
Qualifications and Education:
- One year of Call Center Experience, preferably in a Financial Institution
- Proficient at learning new technology
- Experience troubleshooting technological issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High school diploma or GED; some college coursework preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.