Universal Service Representative (Full time, Monday-Saturday)
The Universal Service Representative (USR) has the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to members and will have a thorough understanding of the member’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate members about Seasons sales and service delivery options and refer the appropriate products and services matching the member needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes members and other guests using courtesy, tact and diplomacy
- Actively cross sells and educates members on the benefits and features of our products & services in order to help maximize the CU/member relationship
- Works to troubleshoot and resolve internal and external member issues. Informs and advises members of status or enhancements to current account activity, and suggests resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
- Open new accounts for new and existing members
- Process consumer loans and credit cards from application, through automated decisioning process to close
- Support member transaction-related activities that cannot be fully supported by ITM such as processing of wire transfers, cash advances and providing cashier checks produced by Virtual Specialist staff.
- Promote, establish and support member usage of electronic services (VTM, home banking, bill pay, etc.)
- Troubleshoot ITM issues for members in the branch
- Work in collaboration with remote Virtual Specialist team as needed
- Manage branch coin machine
- Researches to answer a variety of member questions. Seeks counsel of manager or other departments to resolve member issues
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Works in compliance with internal controls
- Completes important documentation as required in a timely fashion
- Exemplifies Core Values, Vision, Mission and Service Promises
- Maximizes technological efficiencies within area of responsibility
- Support the credit union's sales and service culture through behaviors
Qualifications and Education:
- Six months of customer facing experience in a financial institution or related business
- Prior account opening experience or ability to complete Seasons account opening training within first three months in position
- Ability to demonstrate a significant level of trust and diplomacy
- Desire to work with the public focusing on meeting member needs in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- Numerical aptitude and cash handling skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
- Good with detail in dealing with names and numbers
- High School diploma or GED required, some college course work preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.