The virtual specialist supports member Interactive Teller Machine transactions through effective interpersonal interactions, excellent member service and accuracy. Provides customers with a variety of account-related service assistance in a prompt, professional and courteous manner while maintaining the confidentiality of the member’s transactions. Completes transactions (of varying complexities) according to established guidelines and adhering to the Credit Union’s policies and procedures. Identifies and appropriately handles sales referral opportunities. Responsible for interactions and teller transactions with members and guests through video and chat technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of teller functions including accepting share deposits and loan payments, disbursing cash or check share withdrawals. Transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Balances daily transactions Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
- Develop relationships with members via ITM in order to identify sales opportunities and Actively cross sell credit union products and services
- Works collaboratively with branch level staff in the best interest of serving members effectively and efficiently
- Utilize TrueChecks to determine Check Holds and appropriately placing Check Holds when applicable
- Initiate member services such as Cashier’s Checks, Stop Payments and Disputes by explaining transaction to member and partnering with Universal Employee at branch level to complete and close with the member
- Researches to answer a variety of member questions. Seeks counsel of manager or other departments to resolve member issues as needed making use of “warm transfer” skills as needed
- Keeps supervisory informed of activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Works in compliance with Seasons internal controls
- Completes important documentation (i.e. Currency Transaction Reports, SARs) as required
- Exemplifies Core Values, Vision, Mission and Service Promises
- Maximizes technological efficiencies within area of responsibility
- Support the credit union's sales and service culture through behaviors
Qualifications and Education
- 1 year of similar or related customer services preferably in a financial institution
- Ability to demonstrate a significant level of trust and diplomacy
- Desire to work with the public focusing on meeting customer needs and use of relationship building skills
- Numerical aptitude and cash handling skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch.
- Good with detail in dealing with names and numbers
- High school graduate or GED
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.