Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
The health and safety of Seasons Federal Credit Union members and employees is our top priority. As we continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our region, please be assured that we are taking preventative measures in our branches to mitigate the spread of illness and ensure seamless access to your accounts. With our current digital business model, we are well-positioned to serve our members, even if it’s not in a face-to-face capacity. We have been working to ensure we have all essential employees equipped to conduct business remotely, should the need arise.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Small Business Loan Assistance to help businesses impacted by COVID-19.
The Economic Aid Act, recently passed by Congress, allocates additional funds to support the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The approved $284 billion will be made available to both first time PPP borrowers as well as qualifying existing PPP borrowers in need of a second draw.
New PPP First Draw Loans
If you did not take advantage of the Paycheck Protection program in 2020, you now have the opportunity to request a first draw loan. Existing PPP Loan borrowers may be eligible for a second draw loan.
- Your business was in operation on February 15, 2020
- Any eligible small business or non-profit 501(c)3 with fewer than 500 employees. This includes sole proprietorships, independent contractors and self-employed persons, private non-profit organization or 501(c)(19) veterans organizations affected by coronavirus/COVID-19
PPP Second Draw Loans
Existing PPP Loan borrowers may be eligible for a second draw loan.
- Your businesses was in operation on February 15, 2020
- Businesses who have used, or will use, the full amount of the First Draw PPP Loan on or before the expected date on which the Second Draw PPP Loan is disbursed to the borrower, AND;
- Businesses with 300 or fewer employees who have experienced revenue reduction of 25% or greater in any 2020 quarter compared with the same quarter in 2019
In addition to the SBA requirements, Seasons FCU also requires you to have an established business membership at the time of application.
How to Apply
To apply for a PPP Loan from Seasons Federal Credit Union, you'll need to gather some financial information and documents. You'll apply electronically.
- Must have a Seasons Federal Credit Union business membership. If you don't have a business membership with us, we will open one when you apply.
- Business/Trade Name must be registered and in good standing with the Secretary of State.
- Have all the required documents needed to apply.
The government has approved a second round of stimulus payments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team is prepared to process these payments and get your funds to you as soon as we receive them. Economic stimulus payments to eligible individuals started clearing January 4, 2021.
We understand that you likely have questions about how much money you may receive and when your payment will be processed. Here’s everything you need to know about the stimulus payments:
No action is required by you to receive a payment.
If you are eligible for a stimulus payment, you do not need to contact Seasons FCU or the IRS to receive your funds. Payments will be processed automatically for taxpayers who filed a 2019 tax return, receive Social Security retirement income, or registered for the first stimulus payment on the IRS.gov website.
Your payment will post on the date the Treasury provided.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and U.S. Treasury Department have announced that the second round of stimulus payments are being processed. Payments will be posted by the date provided by the Treasury. Because Seasons Federal Credit Union isn't involved in sending the payments, we can’t know when individual members may receive a deposit. We suggest checking your account within mobile banking app or online banking to see if your check has deposited. If you're receiving a paper check, your check should arrive by mail to your address listed on your tax return. You can also check the IRS website for updates.
Payments may be up to $600 per person.
According to the IRS, eligible individuals will receive a payment of up to $600, while married couples will receive up to $1,200. Individuals or couples may also receive up to $600 for each qualifying child. These numbers are based on your 2019 adjusted gross income. Generally, if you had an adjusted gross income of under $75,000 for individuals or $150,000 for married couples filing jointly, you will likely receive the full stimulus payment amount.
How can I deposit my COVID-19 stimulus/Economic Impact Payment check?
You can deposit your check using the Mobile Deposit feature from our mobile app or by visiting any ATM location.
H&R Block confirms issue causing delay for customers
Customers of H&R Block may be experiencing delays in receiving their COVID-19 economic stimulus checks. On Monday evening, the tax preparation company confirmed there was an issue, tweeting: “The IRS Get My Payment website may display an account number you don’t recognize. If you took a Refund Transfer, it may be reflecting that account number. Check your 2019 return to confirm.” H&R Block followed up that initial tweet with: “But don’t worry – we have sent these payments on to the method you chose for Refund Transfer: direct deposit, check or Emerald Card. The money should be there by the end of the day.” H&R Block is asking for patience as they are experiencing a higher call, social media and app volume than usual.
*Please note: Seasons FCU has no control over tracking these transfer payments from H&R Block
For more information on your economic stimulus payment, visit the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center.
Tip: Look out for stimulus payment scams!
Unfortunately, scammers take advantage of moments of uncertainty to exploit consumers. In the coming days, be on the lookout for calls, texts or emails claiming you need to provide personal information to get your stimulus payment. Do not click on links or open attachments from sources you don’t know and trust.
Remember, the IRS will never reach out for bank account information via phone or ask for a payment to process your stimulus payment. According to the IRS, payments will be processed as direct deposits into your account and no action needs to be taken by most people. Those who need to provide additional information will be asked to do so on the IRS.gov official website.
We Can Help You Make Ends Meet During These Trying Times
We understand that the preventative measures enacted by local, state and federal governments, have impacted many of our members’ daily routines and potentially, your income due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our LifeLine of Credit can provide some relief and help existing members meet their financial obligations during these uncertain times. With a line of credit you’ll have available funds for when you need them, anytime, for anything you want.
- 0% introductory interest rate for 6 months*
- Up to 60 days before your first payment is due
- Members may be approved to borrow up to $10,000
- Easily apply online, no need to come into a branch
- Quick funding to help with immediate expenses
Changes to Branch Lobbies - ITM/ATM Access Only
As concerns around Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue, Seasons FCU remains diligent in evaluating the latest information available to inform the actions we are taking to ensure the safety and well-being of our members. It is our goal to remain open and available as much as possible to assist you with your financial needs.
Effective Monday, December 28th, our branch lobbies will be ITM/ATM access only.
- Branch lobbies will be open with ITM/ATM access only. Our Virtual Tellers are available to help you deposit checks, deposit cash, make loan payments, make credit card payments, cash checks and complete transfers.
- Need to schedule a branch appointment? If you have a specific need that requires you to visit us inside a branch lobby, you will need to make an appointment. To do so, please utilize our Online Appointment Scheduler or give us a call, as we may be able to address your need over the phone.
- Apply online for any loans including Mortgages, Home Equities, Auto Loan, Personal Loan or Visa Credit Cards.
- Drive Up ITMs and Drive-Thru Window at 635D South Main Street will remain available during business hours. Simply drive up to the ITM and press the screen to connect with a Virtual Teller.
Digital Options for Your Transactions
Seasons FCU provides many ways for you to complete your everyday banking transactions. We strongly encourage our members to utilize these options whenever possible.
- Mobile and online banking allows you to securely review your balance and posted transactions, transfer funds, pay bills, and deposit your checks. Enroll here.
- Automated telephone banking is available 24 hours a day at 860-346-6614, press 2 when you reach the menu.
- Call Center representatives are available to assist you at 860-346-6614. Please note, we expect a higher than usual call volume.
- Online Chat on our website is available during business hours.
- Utilize our ATMs available at our branches or any one of our CO-OP Network of 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
Thank you for your patience during these days ahead. Our entire team is working hard to continue providing you with the excellent member service you have come to expect. Your trust and confidence are important to us and we encourage you to visit this page for future updates.
We will have a Greeter stationed at our branch entrances to assist in welcoming you
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have remained open and adjusted our processes to continue efficiently serving members via drive thru ITMs, lobby access for transactions, by-appointment account servicing, and online/mobile service options. As phase 2 of re-opening begins in our communities, we are pleased to announce that we have moved into our next phase of lobby social distancing and other health and safety guidelines as outlined below.
On Tuesday, June 23rd, we will have a Greeter stationed at our Middletown and Meriden Branch entrance throughout the day to assist members.
Our greeters will assist members with social distancing by:
- Monitor capacity within the branch. If lines or wait times are longer than usual, a member may be asked to wait outside or in their car.
- Only one person per transaction to limit the number of people in a branch.
- Direct members to the next available ITM and/or make an appointment.
- Require members to wear a face mask. If a member does not have one, we will provide one. If a member refuses to wear a face mask for non-medical reasons, they may be asked to:
- Visit a drive thru ITM or the drive-up window in Middletown
- Make an appointment
- Wait in their car and someone will assist the member
We will be encouraging social distancing, as well as introducing other safety measures that include:
- Floor signage to indicate safe distances while members transact business and wait in line
- Hand sanitizing stations available and encourage usage before and after a transaction
- Wipes for machines and hard surfaces are available for use
- Public areas will be sanitized by a member of our team per CDC guidelines
- Restroom facilities will remain closed at this time
View our short safety procedures video before visiting a branch!
Now, more than ever, it is essential to take care of yourself. If you’re experiencing symptoms or have been around someone that has been, please use our online or remote banking options rather than visiting us in-person. If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 860-346-6614 to get started.
Use digital banking to stay on top of your COVID stimulus deposit
As you may have heard, the United States government signed into law, the CARES Act. This bill is aimed at providing relief to U.S. consumers and businesses impacted by COVID-19. For many members, the most important piece of this legislation is the Economic Impact Payment (stimulus payment) eligible to taxpayers who filed a tax return for either 2019 or 2018.
How You’ll Receive the Payment
If you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment and filed a 2019 or 2018 tax return, your payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account used for tax filing purposes. If you have not yet filed your 2019 tax return, the account used for your 2018 tax filing will be used. Note that payments are being distributed by the IRS in waves, so if someone you know has received theirs, but you haven’t yet, it is not a cause for concern.
The CARES Act stimulus payments via direct deposit have already started appearing in accounts and will continue to roll out through the year. Members receiving the payments via paper checks will begin receiving them by mail in May. In addition to using the IRS web portal to check the status of your stimulus payment, you can check your balance, transfer funds and deposit paper checks through Seasons FCU’s digital banking channels.
Check Your Balance
If you need to check your account balance, you can do so from either mobile or online banking.
Whether you need to transfer funds to another member, to someone outside the credit union or between your accounts, you can do so with mobile and online banking.
Use Mobile Check Deposit
If the IRS doesn’t have your direct deposit information on file, the IRS will issue a paper check and it will be mailed to the address provided on the last tax return submitted. Those receiving paper checks can deposit them with our mobile banking app!
If you don’t have a smartphone, you can easily deposit your check with our drive-up Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs). Our drive-up ITMs allow you to conduct many financial transactions with our virtual tellers, including deposits. Drive-up ITMs can be found at our 1371 East Main Street, Meriden branch and our 635D South Main Street, Middletown branch.
We Are Here For You If You Can’t Make Payments
We understand that the preventative measures enacted by local, state and federal governments, have impacted many of our members’ daily routines and potentially, your income due to COVID-19. As your credit union, we are committed to helping members who may be experiencing financial hardship and have several financial options available. Depending on your situation, we have many ways we can help meet your needs, such as:
Mortgage Relief During COVID-19 Pandemic
We offer Seasons mortgage relief to members who continue to face hardship caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- 90-day grace period for all mortgage payments: Mortgage-payment forbearances of up to 90 days, which will allow homeowners to reduce or delay monthly mortgage payments.
- Relief from fees and charges for 90 days: For at least 90 days, we will waive or refund mortgage-related late fees.
- No new foreclosures for 60 days: We will not start any foreclosure sales or evictions.
- No credit score changes for accessing relief: For those taking advantage of this COVID-19-related relief, late or missed payments will not be shared with credit reporting agencies.
Please contact and work directly with us to learn about and apply for available relief at 860-346-6614. Please note we are experiencing high volumes of inquiries.
As a community partner we are here to help you navigate your finances in these difficult times. If you need help with a repayment strategy for your current Seasons loan or mortgage, we are happy to assist you in keeping your account on track and help meet your needs. Complete our Member Impact Form below and email it back to us. A team member from our Member Solutions Department will be in contact to help you.
Here's What You Can Do To Manage Your Finances
- Use our free Online Banking and Mobile Banking App, to manage your accounts 24/7 without having to visit a branch. With Online Banking, you can access your accounts, pay bills, check account balances, transfer money between your accounts and even use the Person to Person transfer feature to send money from your Seasons account to other Financial Institutions. With our Mobile Banking App, you can also deposit checks by snapping a picture and easily deposit it within your account.
- Apply online for any loans including Mortgages, Home Equities, Auto Loan, Personal Loan or Visa Credit Cards.
- Be aware that scammers take advantage of crisis situations. If you believe that you are being targeted by a scammer, please contact us immediately.
- New Online Chat Feature:
- We’ve added a new online Chat feature to our website. During business hours, this will allow members to interact with our Seasons team for non-sensitive assistance. If using Chat, please refrain from inputting any sensitive personal information such as account numbers or social security numbers.
- Need help with the Live Chat? Check out our Live Chat FAQs
We ask for your patience as we expect higher than normal wait times. As always, the health, safety and well-being of our members, our staff and our community is of the utmost concern. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and are here to assist all of your needs. Thank you for trusting us with your financial needs. We will update this page as needed to keep you informed of any changes as events involving COVID-19 continue.
*APR= Annual Percentage Rate. Effective 03/26/2020. The LifeLine of Credit dollar amount is determined based on credit score. The introductory APR of 0% is for a period of six (6) billing cycles. After the first six billing cycles, the APR, will range from 8.99% to 18% based on the LifeLine of Credit program and creditworthiness at the time of application. SFCU reserves the right to discontinue this promotion at any time without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Please see a Seasons FCU representative for more details.