How To Clear Your Cache
If you are experiencing difficulties seeing the new Online Banking website, one problem may be your browser cache. Instructions below will outline how to clear the cache for specific browsers.
For Online Banking to function properly, you may need to clear your cache. In order to increase your connection speed to websites that you visit often, your web browser will remember certain things on that website such as logos, images, and content that is present on all pages. The place where all of this data is stored is your browser’s cache folder. Sometimes websites make changes that will not update because the previous version is stored in your cache folder. In order to view these updates, you will need to clear the cache folder. When you clear the cache it is deleting all of the information that your web browser has stored in the memory. After it has been cleared and you visit a website, you will view any updates that were not showing because of the previous information that was stored.
Here’s how to clear your cache on each web browser for your desktop computers:
To learn more about clearing your cache in Microsoft Edge, visit Microsoft Support.
- Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services .
- Under Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the types of browsing data you want to clear (see the table below for descriptions).
For example, you may want to remove browsing history and cookies but keep passwords and form fill data.
- Select Clear now.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Chrome and for steps to clear your cache on mobile devices, visit Google Support.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Safari and for steps to clear your cache on mobile devices, visit Apple Support.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
To learn more about clearing your cache in Firefox and for steps to clear your cache on mobile devices, visit Firefox Support.
- In the Firefox menu bar, click the Firefox option.
- Select the Preferences link.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under the History heading, click the clear your recent history link.
- Select the Cache checkbox.
- If you do not want to clear browsing history, make sure to uncheck any boxes associated with this before you move to the next step.
- Click the Clear Now button.
To see full instructions for iOS devices, click here to go to Apple Support.
To see full instructions for Android Devices, click here to go to Google Support.