Mobile Check Deposit Questions
What is mobile check deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks wherever you are, using the camera on your mobile device and Seasons Federal Credit Union Mobile Capture App.
What are the qualifications to use the mobile check deposit service?
- Must have an active Seasons Federal Credit Union Checking Account
- Must be a Member in good standing
- Must not have an inactive/dormant account
- Must not have any NSF during the past 6 months
Are deposits made using mobile check deposit secure?
Transactions made using Mobile Check Deposit are safe and secure. It is very important that you take appropriate steps to protect the security of your phone, such as:
- Password protect your mobile device
- Keep your mobile device in a secure spot when not in use
- Secure your login information
How should I endorse the check?
The back of each check must include:
- Your signature
- Account number
- The words “For Mobile Deposit Only”
What should I do with the check once it has been submitted for mobile check deposit?
Once you notice the funds have been deposited into your account, prominently mark the check as “Electronically Presented” or “VOID” to ensure it is not represented for payment. You should retain the check for 60 days in the event of a deposit dispute.
What type of checks will not be accepted for deposit?
- Third party checks
- Checks payable to two parties and both are not on the account
- Altered checks
- Checks written for over $5,000
- Incomplete checks
- Checks that are stale-dated (older than 6 months) or post-dated
- Savings Bonds
- Checks drawn on a financial institution in a foreign country or in foreign currency
How many checks can I deposit using mobile check deposit?
There is no limit to the number of checks you can deposit; however, you must stay within your deposit limits that were assigned when you enrolled in Mobile Check Deposit.
Will my deposit be credited to my account immediately?
If a deposit is made by 3pm EST on a business day (Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays) your account will be credited that day. If a deposit is made after 2pm, your account will be credited on the next business day.
On what devices can you use mobile check deposit?
Currently Mobile Check Deposit is available for the iPhone® and Android™.
Is there a fee to use the mobile check deposit service?
There is not a fee to use the Mobile Check Deposit service.