Share and Certificate Rates and Dislosures
Rates effective October 1, 2021
APY = Annual Percentage Yield
Holiday / Vacation Club Share Accounts
$25 minimum Average Daily Balance to earn the APY
Preferred Share Account
$5,000 minimum opening deposit
|Average Daily Balance||Dividend Rate||APY|
|$5,000.00 - $9,999.99||0.05%||0.05%|
|$10,000.00 - $24,999.99||0.05%||0.05%|
|$25,000.00 and up||0.05%||0.05%|
Truth-In-Savings Account Disclosure Compounding and Crediting: Dividends are based on 365 days and are paid on the average daily balance, compounded and paid monthly. Rate Information: The Annual Percentage Yield may change based on market conditions as determined by the Credit Union's Board of Directors. The Board of Directors declares dividends based on current income and available earnings after providing for required reserves. Account Limitations: You may make up to 6 pre-authorized automatic or telephone transactions from your deposit accounts per month.
Featured Share Certificate
Minimum Balance $5,000.00
There may be a penalty for early withdrawals.
Minimum Balance $1,000.00
Rates are subject to change.
1. RATE INFORMATION — The annual percentage yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the dividend rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For all accounts, the dividend rate and annual percentage yield are fixed and will be in effect for the initial term of the account. For accounts subject to dividend compounding, the annual percentage yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of dividends will reduce earnings.
2. DIVIDEND PERIOD — For each account, the dividend period is the account’s term. The dividend period begins on the first day of the term and ends on the maturity date.
3. DIVIDEND COMPOUNDING AND CREDITING — The compounding and crediting frequency of dividends are stated in the Rate Schedule.
4. BALANCE INFORMATION — To open any account, you must deposit or already have on deposit the minimum required share(s) in a Share, Saplings Savings, or Kiosk Savings account. Some accounts may have additional minimum opening deposit requirements. The minimum balance requirements applicable to each account are set forth in the Separate Rate Schedule. The Saplings Share Certificate account is available to individuals between the ages of 0-17. For accounts using the daily balance method as stated in the Rate Schedule dividends are calculated by applying a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
5. ACCRUAL OF DIVIDENDS — For all accounts, dividends will begin to accrue on noncash deposits (e.g. checks) on the day the Credit Union receives provisional credit. For all accounts, if you close your account before accrued dividends are credited, accrued dividends will not be paid.
6. TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS — For all accounts, your ability to make deposits to your account and any limitations on such transactions are stated in the Rate Schedule. After your account is opened, you may make withdrawals of principal subject to the early withdrawal penalties stated below and your account will be closed. Withdrawals of dividends are not subject to penalty.
7. MATURITY — Your account will mature as stated on this Truth-in-Savings Disclosure or on your Account Receipt or Renewal Notice.
a. Amount of Penalty. For all accounts, the amount of the early withdrawal penalty is based on the term of your account. The penalty schedule is as follows:
- Terms of 12 months or less 90 days’ dividends
- Terms of longer than 12 months180 days’ dividends
For Save to Win® Certificate accounts you will be allowed to make one withdrawal from the account, with a $25.00 penalty to be assessed at the time of withdrawal. If the early withdrawal reduces the principal below the minimum balance or a second withdrawal is performed in the 12- month term, the certificate will be closed. The credit union will deduct from the principal amount to cover the penalty.
b. How the Penalty Works. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been or would be earned on the account. It applies whether or not the dividends have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividends have already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
c. Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances:
- (i) When an account owner dies or is determined legally incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
- (ii) Where the account is an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and any portion is paid within seven (7) days after the establishment of the account; or where the account is a Keogh Plan (Keogh), provided that the depositor forfeits an amount at least equal to the simple dividends earned in the amount withdrawn; or where the account is an IRA or Keogh and the owner attains age 59ó or becomes disabled.
9. RENEWAL POLICY — The renewal policy for your non Featured Share Certificate accounts is stated in the Rate Schedule. For accounts that automatically renew for another term, except Save to Win Certificates, you have a grace period of ten (10) days after maturity in which to withdraw funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. The renewal policy for all Featured Share Certificates is stated in the Separate Rate Schedule.
For Save to Win® Certificate accounts, they will automatically renew if the balance is greater than $25.00. You have a grace period of seven (7) days after maturity in which to withdraw funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. If the balance is less than $25.00 or if you choose not to renew the certificate, the funds will be transferred to your Regular Savings account at the credit union.. Dividends will not accrue on accounts closed during the grace period.
10. NONTRANSFERABLE/NONNEGOTIABLE — Your account is nontransferable and nonnegotiable.
11. BONUS — For Save to Win Certificate accounts, you may be elibible for cash prize drawings based on monthly deposits to your account.
At the end of each month, you will receive one entry for every $25.00 increase in the balance of your Save to Win® Certificate account during the month, with a maximum of ten entries per month, and thirty per quarter. The Savings Promotion Raffle begins on January 1 and ends December 31, however; Save to Win® Certificate accounts will mature 12 months after account opening.
Please refer to the "Save to Win Savings Promotion Raffle Official Account and Prize Entry® Rules" at www.savetowin.org for information on the frequency of drawings and dollar amount of cash prizes..
- Par Value of One Share $5.00
- Number of Shares Required 1