Retire in comfort with the help of a high-yielding IRA—we offer competitive rate Traditional and Roth IRA options so you can get the one that perfectly suits your lifestyle. Open an IRA account and start down the road of retirement. Seasons Federal Credit Union gives you several attractive IRA options. So when retirement rolls around, fishing on the river vs. relaxing at home won’t seem quite so daunting a decision.
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings*
- Competitive dividends above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $5,000 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase certificates within IRA
- $50 minimum deposit to open
*Consult a tax advisor.
Traditional vs. Roth IRA
Seasons Federal Credit Union offers both Traditional and Roth IRAs. What’s the difference?
A Traditional IRA is tax-deferred, meaning whatever you contribute is deductible form your annual income tax. With a Roth IRA, you still pay your annual income tax in full. But, funds can be withdrawn tax-free once you reach a predetermined retirement age. Consult a tax advisor to see which account could help you save!
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70 ½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals on dividends subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.
Coverdell Education Savings
Invest in your child’s education. A Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA) is the perfect tool for saving money to pay for a child’s educational expenses – from kindergarten through college. A Coverdell ESA provides tax-free safe place to grow competitive dividends and also financial confidence for a new stage in life.
- No setup or annual fee
- Dividends grow tax-free
- Withdrawals are tax-free and penalty-free when used for qualified education expenses*
- Designated beneficiary must be under 18 when contributions are made
- To contribute to a Coverdell ESA, certain income limits apply**
- Contributions are not tax deductible
- $2,000 maximum annual contribution per child
- The money must be withdrawn by the time he or she turns 30***
- The ESA may be transferred without penalty to another member of the family
- $50 minimum deposit to open
*Qualified expenses include tuition and fees, books, supplies, room & board, etc.
**Consult your tax advisor to determine your contribution limit.
***Those earnings are subject to income tax and a 10% penalty.
Want to Learn More About Our IRA Options or Open an Account?
Call or stop by one of our branches to speak with a Universal Service Representative.